Changes to Terms and Conditions
- Insat International reserves the right to change their Terms & Conditions at any time without any advance notice.
- Insat's service/renewal charge is strictly non-refundable. Under no circumstances will Insat refund this money.
- Any monies paid direct to Sky for your subscription are also non refundable (unless it can be proved they have charged you in error).
- Any customer who has paid their subscription in advance for 12 months and insists on cancelling the service and demanding a refund will not be refunded. Irrespective of the reasons for cancellation, Insat International will not refund any monies for subscriptions paid in advance for 12 months.
The channels listed for all channel packages can all be received in theory, but receiving Sky outside the UK is not an exact science. Depending on the below variables, some customers may find that they cannot receive certain channels, be it on a permanent or intermittent basis:
- Satellite dish size
- Satellite dish quality of manufacture
- Satellite dish alignment
- Quality of installation by installer
- Obstructions to satellite dish line of sight to 28.2 degrees east
- Condition of satellite dish (ie. Damage to dish)
- Atmospheric conditions (heavy cloud cover, rain etc)
- Sky digibox manufacturer (some digiboxes have stronger tuners than others)
- Change of frequency of channel/s, without any prior notice, that results in loss of channel/s
- Important Note - Before you place your order you must be aware that viewing Sky TV outside the UK is technically not legal, as it breaches the Sky contract. The reason for this is that copyright law prevents Sky from providing their service outside the UK.
- Although we have a wealth of experience in 'beating the system', given the sensitive nature and the uniqueness of the business we are in Insat cannot offer a 100% guarantee for its service. Without pulling any punches, you sign up to our service at your own risk. Sky's Compliance Department can switch viewing cards off at their own discretion and without any advance warning.
- As such, Insat cannot (and will not) be held accountable for any of Sky's actions. We have no affiliation with Sky, so in the event that your Sky account is cancelled for suspected viewing abroad Insat has no obligation to refund any monies, be it our service fee or Sky's subscription charges. Sky state that any subscription monies that are charged by them cannot be refunded if they believe the customer has breached their Terms & Conditions.
- Furthermore, if Sky cancel your account for suspected viewing abroad and you have not completed 12 months of your contract, they will charge you the remaining subscription monies due to cover the 12-month minimum period based on the cheapest channel package they offer - £18 per month.
- For more information on Sky's Terms & Conditions please log onto http://www.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/terms
Risks of using Sky in a public place
Insat sells its viewing cards assuming they will be used for private use only. Obviously we cannot police or monitor how and where our viewing cards end up, but we do not approve of our customers using our viewing cards in public places as this may attract attention from Sky representatives, who may actively try and find out the viewing card number and have it suspended, or potentially even take legal measures against the customer in question who is showing Sky in a public place ie. bar, club or restaurant.
Insat will not be held responsible for any of the above situations in the event that one of our viewing cards is used in a public place. We provide our cards in good faith and expect our customers to exercise discretion and use the Sky viewing card in a private residence.
Automatic Renewal of your Sky subscription
- Insat International will send you a renewal reminder by way of email two months before your renewal is due (each year). If you do not reply to this email then we will assume that you wish to continue with your Sky subscription and duly charge you our renewal fee of £150 if you are paying Sky monthly, or £125 (plus annual subscription fee to Sky) if you paid them a year in advance. For example, if you paid Sky a year in advance for the Sky Sports Mix package then at the current rate we would charge you £617 ONE MONTH BEFORE your quoted renewal date as Sky charges 1 month in advance (£125 renewal + £492 Sky subscription)
- As such, it is imperative you furnish us with new email address (or indeed home address) details if you change your email/home address, and also ensure your spam/junk mail filter allows emails from Insat International to be received.
- In the event we charge you a renewal fee and you do not wish to renew (but never contacted us to advise this) then a refund will only be negotiated once the Sky viewing card is sent back to us.
- Insat International will not be held accountable for customers not receiving renewal notification emails/letters for ANY reason. We accept mistakes may be made from time to time with email addresses/home addresses - however, ultimately the onus is on the customer to know when they are due for renewal and if cancellation is of utmost importance then the responsibility lies with the customer to contact us to advise cancellation and not wait to be contacted by Insat International.
- Even if you email to confirm cancellation, if you have not received a response from us within 1 week, DO NOT assume that we have received this email. The onus is on you to ensure that we have received your email so if you do not hear from us within the specified time, please re-email, or alternatively call us. Insat International will not accept a copy of the original email you sent as it will still take 31 days to apply a cancellation to the Sky account.
Additional Administration Charges
- It is common for Sky to re-issue Sky viewing cards every 5-8 years. When Sky does this, every single Sky customer's viewing card must be replaced with the new Sky viewing card. When we are in receipt of your new Sky viewing card, we will email you to notify of this.
- We host thousands of Sky accounts, which means that the extra man hours and administration work involved is greatly increased during this transitional 'card change-over' period. The £150.00/£125.00 hosting fee that we charge per annum does NOT cover the aforementioned extra work created as a result of Sky introducing new Sky viewing cards. Therefore, each Insat customer is subject to a £20.00 admin fee for the Sky viewing card.
- This fee should not be mistaken for a shipping/carriage fee (which is free of charge unless the customer specifically states UPS delivery for their new Sky viewing card). If however a customer were to specify UPS delivery, then we would charge £35.00 for both the admin fee and delivery fee combined.
- The £20.00 charge covers the cost of petrol to pick up viewing cards from different 'friendly addresses' in and around the London area. It also covers extra general administration costs created by the Sky viewing card change-over. As such, even in the event when an Insat customer wants to pick up their replacement viewing card from our offices in person, the £20.00 fee will still apply.
- For customers who have more than one Sky account through us, we will endeavour to send all your Sky viewing cards together in a single shipment - this means you will not be charged the admin fee of £20.00 more than once. If however your replacement viewing cards are received in staggered periods. For example, for a customer who has 20 accounts, we may receive 20 viewing cards in small amounts over a 6-month period. Therefore, extra charges may need to be levied. In such cases, we will be transparent and try our utmost to keep any extra costs down to a minimum.
- The owner of this website is Insat International whose address is Insat International, 1A Gateway Mews, Ringway, Bounds Green, London, N11 2UT United Kingdom.
- You agree that e-mail can be used as a long-distance means of communication.
- No contract for the sale of any product will subsist between you and Insat International unless and until Insat International accepts your order by way of an e-mail confirming that it has received payment in full for all the goods you have ordered. That acceptance will be deemed complete and will be deemed for all purposes to have been effectively communicated to you at the time Insat International sends the e-mail to you (whether or not you receive that e-mail). This confirmation e-mail amounts to an acceptance by Insat International of your offer to buy goods from Insat International.
- You must check that the details on this confirmatory e-mail are correct as soon as possible and you should print out and keep a copy of it.
- With your consent Insat International will pass on your credit or debit card details to BskyB for subscription payments where applicable.
- You undertake that all details you provide to Insat International for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods or services are correct, that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods or services ordered.
- If there are any changes to the details supplied by you it is your responsibility to inform Insat International as soon as possible.
- You may cancel your order at any time prior to your order being processed by sending an email to email@example.com or by post or by telephoning +44 (0) 208 361 1790 during normal office hours (9.30am to 17.30pm GMT).
- Once Insat International receive notification from you that you wish to cancel your order (in accordance with these terms), Insat International will refund the customer an agreed amount.
- Insat International reserves the right to make a 15% restocking charge for any goods which are not returned in mint condition or to refuse to accept such goods, at its sole discretion. Insat International also reserves the right to make a charge for collecting goods from your premises in circumstances where they are not defective but you have cancelled your order. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- This section applies only to the extent permitted by law. For the avoidance of doubt, Insat International do not exclude or limit any liability for (a) personal injury (including sickness and death) where such injury results from Insat International's negligence or wilful default, or that of Insat International's employees or agents (b) fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Insat International does not accept liability (except as set out below) for any errors and omissions and reserve the right to change information, prices, specifications and descriptions of listed goods, products and services.
- If an error is discovered in the price of the goods that you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible. In the event that you order an item and the price published on the site is incorrect for any reason, we will contact you to let you know the correct price and ask you whether you still wish us to fulfil your order at this price. We shall be under no obligation to fulfil an order for a product which was advertised at an incorrect price. We shall give you the option of confirming the order at the correct price or if you so choose, to cancel the order altogether. If you cancel and have already paid for the goods in the circumstances described in this clause, we shall refund the full amount in accordance with these Terms.
- Insat International will do its best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as practicable after being notified of them.
- In the unlikely event that you receive goods which were not what you ordered or which are damaged or defective, or are of a different quantity to that stated on your order form, Insat International shall, at its own option, make good any shortage or non-delivery, replace or repair any damaged or defective goods, or refund to you the amount you paid for the goods in question PROVIDED THAT you notify Insat International of the problem in writing at the address stated in the confirmation e-mail within 10 working days of delivery of the goods. NOTHING IN THIS CLAUSE AFFECTS YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS.
- All electrical products are covered by a 12-month manufacturer's warranty. If your product develops a fault while under warranty, please contact Insat International. If the product is proved to be faulty or damaged within 14 days of you taking delivery, Insat International will arrange for the product to be picked up free of charge, sent for repair and sent back.
Processing of orders
- Credit and Debit cards are debited on the day of purchase by Insat International. All prices include sales taxes (where applicable) unless otherwise stated (carriage charges are included for digiboxes ordered with or without a viewing card).
- Insat International aims to arrange shipment of all in stock items within 24-48 hours of receiving your order. Your order may be delayed if the item is not in stock with our suppliers. Some items may be unavailable and the current stock status is approximate. Insat International are not able to supply dates our suppliers may get an item in stock.
- Customers who purchase a digibox(es) will automatically receive a tracking number for their order, as will customers who order a viewing card(s) and specified express delivery.
- The period stated within which you will receive your order is approximate. Goods will be sent to the address given by you.
- Title to any product ordered will pass to you once Insat International has received payment in full for that product. Risk in any product ordered will pass upon delivery to you.
- You may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Any such additional charges for customs clearance must be incurred by you. You should note that customs policies vary widely from country to country; Insat International advises each customer to contact their local customs office for further information.
- Please note that when shipping products internationally, you should be aware that cross-border shipments are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
- For Christmas Deliveries, we recommend that you order at least two weeks in advance - we cannot guarantee delivery on or before the 24th December as the post may be delayed in your area.
- Due to the import and clearing laws of certain non EU countries, Insat will NOT and CANNOT be held accountable for items not being delivered direct to the customer. We cannot guarantee a door-to-door service and it is not within Insat's or UPS's remit to facilitate clearance of goods through customs; this is the sole responsibility of the customer. Failure by the customer to abide to the destination country's import and clearance laws will typically result in UPS returning the package back to us.
- In such circumstances Insat will charge the customer the full shipping amount that was originally paid by Insat to UPS. Customers must understand that non EU countries, notably countries such as Russia and Turkey, have extremely antiquated customs laws which require a lot of paperwork on the receiver's end. As such, in some cases customers may need to enlist the services of a clearing agency/broker.
Upgrading and downgrading your Sky channels
- You can upgrade your Sky channels at any time. Simply call, email or fax us with your desired channel package and we can upgrade your channel package within 1 to 4 hours (during working hours, cannot guarantee outside of working hours).
- You can only downgrade your Sky channels once you have fulfilled a minimum term of 1 month on your existing Sky package. As stated above, please call, email or fax us with your chosen channel package and we will apply 31 days downgrade notice to your Sky account.
- We do not cater for customers who constantly want to upgrade and downgrade their channels. If it becomes obvious that you regularly upgrade then downgrade, we will gently advise that you need to decide which package you want to stay on for a reasonable amount of time (ie. 6 months or more).
- Insat International will not be held liable for any channel(s) that are unobtainable due to insufficient satellite signal being received by the client's satellite dish/setup. Additionally, Insat International will not be held liable for channels that become unobtainable due to the broadcaster(s) changing channel frequencies or satellite without warning and at any time during a subscription period, be it BskyB or any broadcaster that uses the BskyB platform for its transmission purposes.
- We shall have no liability to you for any delay in the delivery of products ordered or any other matters to the extent that the delay is due to any event outside our reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, war, flood, fire, labour disputes, strikes, lock-outs, riots, civil commotion, malicious damage, explosion, governmental actions and any other similar events.
- We shall have no liability (including liability for negligence) for the acts or omissions of telecommunications service providers or for failures of, or faults in their networks and equipment.
- No waiver by us of any breach of these Terms shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- You may not permit, create unauthorized framing of, or deep linking to, the Site or the creation of derivative works thereof from any other website under your management or control.
- In these Terms, "Intellectual Property Rights" means patents, database rights, copyright, design rights (whether registered or unregistered), trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) and other similar rights, together with the right to apply for the protection of any such rights. All Intellectual Property Rights in the Site shall be owned by us absolutely.
- Subject to the licence granted to you to use the Site, Insat International reserves all rights, title and interest in its Intellectual Property Rights in the Site. Any goodwill accruing from use of Insat International and its affiliates' trade marks, trade and business names and service marks under this Agreement will vest in Insat International and its affiliates, as appropriate.
- It is a crime to use a false name or a known invalid credit card to order.
- We reserve the right to terminate this Agreement and to suspend or terminate your bSkyB contract without notice if:-
- you fail to make any payment to us or BskyB when due;
- you breach the terms of this Agreement (repeatedly or otherwise);
- you fail to fulfil the minimum initial 12-month BskyB contract.
- we suspect you have engaged, or about to engage, or have in any way been involved, in fraudulent or illegal activity on the Site.
- Depending on circumstance, Insat reserves the right to charge customers a penalty charge for non return of a Sky viewing card when the customer no longer requires it. For example, some customers pass on their viewing cards to someone else, or relocate (often leaving the viewing card behind) without informing us and without returning the viewing card. Other customers simply refuse to send the Sky viewing card back, claiming they require it for free to view programming. In extreme cases some customers who wish to cancel their Sky viewing do not inform us and simply cancel their payments to Sky. This DOES NOT constitute cancelling, and when applicable will incur a one-off charge between £30 to £100, depending on the customer's channel package and outstanding monies owed to Sky. The amount charged is at Insat's discretion, and furthermore Insat reserves the right to charge this fee without any notice, at any time. The penalty charge is not to be confused with the refundable deposit, which is a separate charge.
Cancelling your Sky account
A Sky subscription is a minimum term of 12 months.
If you wish to cancel your Sky account you MUST provide Insat with 31 days notice as well as send back the Sky viewing card to the below address by traceable means.
If you are paying Sky on a monthly basis by way of credit card or Direct Debit, cancelling your payment instruction to Sky without notifying us does NOT constitute a cancellation. It just means you will accrue a debt owing to Sky, and in time we will pass on the debt to an International Debt Collection Agency - this will effect your credit rating in your country of residence as well as your country of origin.
Viewing cards must be returned to the below address:
1A Gateway Mews, Ringway
If you are unable to return the viewing card for whatever reason, then you may incur an undisclosed penalty fee up to a maximum of £150.00 depending on your account history with Insat and Sky. This will also apply to customers who refuse to send back the viewing card. This amount is fully refundable in the event that the viewing card is returned and duly received by us.
Failure to send the viewing card back to the above address in the event that you exceed your quoted renewal date may also result in Insat International automatically charging you £150.00 renewal fee. This amount will only be refundable (less £10.00 administration fee) once we receive the viewing card back from you.
Refundable Deposit for New & Existing Customers
Due to the fact that Sky charges one month in advance, Insat now charges a fully refundable deposit based on the channel package chosen by the customer at the time of order ie. Sky World, £48.50 deposit - Sky Entertainment Mix, £23 deposit.
As of February the 1st 2009, this policy applies to all existing Insat customers without exception. To avoid confusion, this means that any customers who are due for renewal in this month (January 2009) will be exempt from the deposit charge this time round, as will any customers who have already been charged their renewal fee before 01/02/09.
For example, if you paid your renewal fee last December (2008), you will not be charged your deposit amount until December of this year (providing of course you wish to renew).
Insat has taken the decision to charge a refundable deposit for two important reasons - firstly, a small (but increasing) percentage of Insat customers default on their monthly Sky subscription payments without warning, disappear without a trace and leave us to pick up their debt to Sky.
Given the current economic climate Insat can no longer absorb such costs, especially when a small percentage do not feel that it is necessary to advise us that they wish to cancel their Sky account and fail to realise that they are obliged to pay Sky up until their services stop.
When a client defaults on their Sky subscription and doesn't respond to our notifications of failed payment, we not only have to pay the outstanding amount owing to Sky but also the next 31 days of service, as this is how long Sky take to cancel an account.
Also, Insat relies solely on returned Sky viewing cards sent by existing customers who wish to cancel the service to sell on as new stock (the days of Insat ordering viewing cards on demand are sadly long gone). Unfortunately a large percentage of customers either claim to lose the viewing card or simply refuse to send the Sky viewing card back to us.
By charging a refundable deposit Insat hopes that this will provide a genuine incentive for customers to return their viewing cards back to us once they no longer require them.
Therefore, to qualify for a full refund of the deposit Insat will only honour the agreement once the viewing card has been received by us. As such, we urge our customers who intend to cancel the service to send the viewing card back by registered means.
NB: Insat is aware that in some cases an existing customer who has paid their deposit but intends to cancel their Sky service, may want to pass their Sky card onto somebody else rather than send the Sky viewing card back to us. This is absolutely fine, but the deposit will only be refunded once the new customer has placed an order using our website and we have duly charged their deposit amount.
Once the new user has been charged, the original Insat customer who passed the system on will be refunded their deposit amount in full.